Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mommy Don't Live Here No More

Patience is not my strong point.  Certain things annoy me.  And other certain things REALLY annoy me.  In order to avoid being a narcissistic asshole (of which I am occasionally guilty), I do try to look inward to determine why Annoying Annie has such a ragey-ragey effect on me.  


Sometimes I discover that a person reminds me of someone I knew in the past.  Or someone who hurt me.  Or someone who unceremoniously dumped the contents of our shared locker in the 8th grade hallway along with my Tiger Beat posters of Kirk Cameron.  Not that I keep track of that sort of thing.  


And sometimes...  that person is someone who irks me irrational and insane levels simply because they fucking do.  


I currently have a person in my life who falls in the Bi-Reasonal Category.  She has personality traits that I also have (which I try to keep locked up) and she's generally garden variety annoying.  


This person has never really grown up.   And although I only have a couple of years on her, sometimes it feels like decades.  She assumes I'm in charge of everything.  And despite the many boundaries I've drawn around myself in order to keep from committing sodomy with a toilet brush, she continues to ask me the same fucking questions and make the same fucking assumptions (which are generally associated with me making every known decision in the universe).  


Admittedly, I maintain a level of annoyance with her most of the time so she is at an unfair advantage on the How-Close-Am-I-To-Constructing-A-Voodoo-Doll-Of-You scale.  Every time I want to shake her violently and scream at her to stop living like an 18 year old, I try to remind myself that I'm probably already irritated with her and am overreacting to the current annoyance-du-jour.    


She does have positive qualities and is heavily enmeshed in my group of friends.  I do occasionally enjoy her company.  She isn't a bad person.  I can, in my rational state, acknowledge this. 


I do, however, wish she would find a different "leader."  Perhaps, a lemming...  


No comments:

Post a Comment